- Lemon Insert
90 g lemon juice
40 g water
25 g sugar
1 g agar-agar
x yellow food colouring
x gold food colouring powder
- Warm water and lemon juice.
- Mix agar-agar and sugar and add it to the water lemon mixture.
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Let it cool until you are able to fill into a piping bag.
- Fill in small round silicone molds.
- Freeze them for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Sacher sponge cake
90 g butter
36 g powdered sugar
78 g egg yolks
90 g couverture
90 g egg whites
54 g sugar
72 g flour
18 g cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven on 180 degrees.
- Melt couverture over a water bath.
- Sift cocoa powder and flour together.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar together in a stand mixer.
- Slowly add your egg yolks.
- Mix on highspeed about 5 minutes.
- Pour in your melted chocolate and mix well.
- Mix egg whites and sugar to stiff peaks in another bowl.
- Add one third of the meringue and mix it with a whisk into the butter mixture.
- Fold in the rest of the meringue.
- Add the sifted flour, cocoa powder and fold it in.
- Spread sacher sponge cake onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Cut them into 6 x 6 cm squares.
- Chocolate Crumbles
25 g flour
25 g ground nuts, e.g. hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds
25 g sugar
37 g cold butter, in small pieces
- This is a basic crumble recipe. If you have some leftovers. Go for it. I also added some of my clementine peanut crumbles. You can also add cookies if you don’t want to make crumbles.
50 g dark couverture
- Knead all ingredients by hand until everything is well combined.
- Put it on a baking tray with baking paper and flatten it a bit.
- Bake at 175°C for approx. 18 minutes.
- Crush it until you have nice crumbles.
- Add dark couverture and mix it with a spatula.
- Spread them onto the sacher sponge cake
- Dark Ganache Montée (Mousse)
250 g heavy cream
150 g dark couverture
15 g Grand Manier
5 g gelatin
250 g heavy cream
- Bring heavy cream (1) to a boil.
- Pour it over melted couverture and mix.
- Add remaining heavy cream and Grand Manier.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Whip it to soft peaks. Be careful not to overmix it.
- Fill it into a piping bag.
- Fill in 1/3 of the chocolate ganache montée.
- Add your lemon insert.
- Fill it to 3/4 and add your sacher sponge cake.
- Freeze for about 4 hours.
- Yellow Mirror Glaze
45 g Heavy Cream
55 g condensed milk
75 g sugar
20 g glucose
75 g white couverture
4 g gelatin
x yellow food coloring
- Soak gelatin in water for 10 minutes.
- Heat up heavy cream, mango puree, sugar and glucose to 103°C.
- Add gelatin and mix everything.
- Pour over the white couverture and mix well.
- Add some orange food colouring.
- Strain through a sieve, tap over a counter to remove the remaining air bubbles and chill overnight.
- Cocoa butter layer
150 g cocoa butter
150 g white couverture
- Melt both ingredients separately in microwave or over a water bath.
- Add food colouring and mix well.
- Rewarm cacao butter coat to 45 degrees and fill in a high container.
- Rewarm mirror glaze to 28 degrees and fill in a high container.
- Pour cacao butter over your squares, let it set and pour mirror glaze over the squares.
- Cut out 4 question marks, place them on each side. (Use glucose as glue)
- I would recommend adding the fondant right before serving.