- Pâte Sucrée / Sugar Dough
62 g soft butter, soft
50 g powdered sugar, sieved
25 g eggs, room temperature
125 g flour, sieved
2 g salt
- Mix soft butter in a bowl.
- Add powdered and mix until it’s light and airy.
- Gradually add the eggs and mix. (Always make sure that everything has the same temperature when you make cakes, sponge cakes, etc. it homogenizes better and you’ll get more airy and fluffy cakes)
- Add flour, salt and knead until smooth. You can do this in a KitchenAid or with a spatula.
- Wrap in plastic and rest in the fridge overnight. (the thinner the dough the faster it cools)
- Roll out the cooled dough to 3 mm.
- Press the rolled dough inside the tart pan.
- Prick the dough lightly with a fork.
- Cool for 30 minutes and then bake in the oven at 175°C for 10-15 minutes and let them cool completely.
- Make sure it doesn’t get brown. The tart is perfect when it has no color.
- You can freeze the leftover sugar dough for up to 2 months.
- Matcha Panna Cotta
300 g heavy cream
100 g sugar
10 g gelatin
10 g matcha powder, sifted
X green food colouring if needed
- Soak gelatin in cold water for about 10 minutes.
- Bring heavy cream, sugar and matcha powder to a boil.
- Let infuse for about 10 minutes.
- Add gelatin and mix it well with a whisk.
- Meringues (French method)
100 g egg whites
100 g egg whites
100 g powdered sugar
- Whisk egg whites until foamy.
- Add half of the sugar. (50 g)
- Beat until soft peaks and add the rest of the sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks.
- Add powdered sugar and fold it in the stiff egg white mixture.
- If you want them colorful you can add matcha powder or food color now.
- Pour the meringue into a piping bag with a round tip.
- Pipe some tear shaped meringues on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 100 degrees for an hour.
- Cherry marmalade
50 g cherry puree
3 g gelatin
- Warm up cherry puree. Doesn’t have to boil.
- Add gelatin and mix well.
- Let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pour the marmalade into a piping bag.
- Garnish matcha tart with orange filets, meringues, marmalade drops, coral tuiles, gold leaves and sweet dough flowers.
- Coral Tuiles
x violet food coloring
- Mix all the ingredients and fry in a very hot pan with enough oil until it does not splash out of the pan.
- Remove with a spatula and place it on a paper towel.